Job: Forensic Case Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
The National Autopsy Assay Group LLC. (NAA Group) is an independent, nonpartisan, multinational, group, private forensic pathology practice. We provide “first” and “second” forensic pathology opinions for medical examiners and coroners, attorneys (criminal, civil, administrative law), law enforcement officers, governmental administrative bodies, and next-of-kin. We handle medicolegal case consultations from across the globe.
NOTICE: We are not a law firm, and do not practice law. We are physicians who practice legal medicine (forensic pathology). We require Forensic Case Managers to assist us by interfacing with attorneys, law enforcement officers, coroners, medical examiners, family members of deceased individuals and others, in medicolegal matters.
Case Managers (CM) are paralegal or similarly-trained individuals with the skills, aptitude and desire to provide assistance to our senior case manager and the physicians/consultant who offer evidence-based medical and scientific opinions to our clients. CMs are the “face” of this company, and are the primary point of contact between our clients and our physicians. Above and beyond everything else, successful candidates will have three fundamental skills: (1) impeccable organizational skills, (2) excellent interpersonal skills and (3) a rich fund of knowledge and experience in the use of computer equipment and software.It would be an asset for applicants to have a working knowledge of AbacusLaw / Abacus Private Cloud, or similar practice management operating systems.
- Report to Senior Case Manager
- Input case information in database management system
- Administrative duties, e.g., answers phones, maintains records, distribute documents to parties, receive documents from parties, update case management system, etc.
- Ensures and maintains strict confidentiality requirements for all case-related data, as well as other corporate information
- Other responsibilities as required
- Certification as a death investigation (ABMDI-D or F; strong consideration)
- Computer literacy including “ready to use” skills with both Apple and PC computers, Windows, Microsoft Office software including Outlook 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to successfully complete a Background Investigation (including criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening)
- Must be able to legally work in the USA
- Must be able and willing to travel, including by airplane to international locations when required (must have or be willing and able to obtain a passport, and must be allowed to travel to, and enter into foreign countries)
- Must be able and willing to work with medical content that many people would consider highly disturbing including photographs of extreme violence to living and deceased individuals, including young children
- Must be able and willing to be exposed to investigative materials/content that many people would consider objectionable including pornography
- Must be willing and able to work odd hours including “on-call” and “overnight” for special projects
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $29.00
Hand sanitizer and masks available in the workplace; physical distancing is enforced
Apply through Indeed: